We’re looking for CUNY students up to the challenge to join this exciting new community of New York City astronomers.
A Partnership Between
Astronomers at CUNY, AMNH,
and Columbia University
- • Involves you in real astrophysics research right now
- • Introduces you to this exciting field and the people at its frontier – your new peers
- • Matches you with a long-term career mentor, and
- • Trains you thoroughly in all aspects of the job
- • Organizes intense summer research experiences to
propel you towards your career
- • Provides fellowships covering full CUNY tuition for
the academic year (if qualified)
- • Provides summer research fellowships
- • Provides a personal research laptop (if qualified)
- • Supports travel to observatories and conferences
around the world
- • Provides a monthly Metrocard
- • Provides junior membership in the American
We have years of experience mentoring undergraduates in research on galaxy properties and evolution, nearby and low mass stars, evolved stars, numerical simulations and modeling, and observational astronomy from the radio to gamma-rays.
Students should be enrolled in a CUNY 2-yr or 4-yr college, and have
an interest in persuing a career in physics and astronomy as evidenced
by their application essays, and choice of courses and major.
Students from groups underrepresented in the sciences - e.g., African
Americans, Hispanics - are particularly encrouaged to apply. The
application process will reopen in fall 2013.
For further information email astrocom at
cunyastro.org, or contact any astrophysics faculty at your CUNY campus.